Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th February


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Geraldine
February 15th 2009
Published: February 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Before the rafting commences...Before the rafting commences...Before the rafting commences...

our instructor Ben would like us all to jump in the air like loons!
Hello,

I didn't quite know how to title this one as we were still very much in Queenstown this morning and if not in body then mind but are now in Geraldine where we are staying the night before going White Water Rafting on the Rangitata River.

Got back yesterday to find out that the rest of the crew had booked us on a twenty dollar pub crawl as it was our last night altogether! So tired but soldiered on and got ready in quick time to make the 1st bar for 8.30pm! Had such a good laugh, Deleane went on the bucking bronco, we danced and drank the variety of shots they supplied us! It was a late one.... again!

Feel like we have arrived at a detox centre today though he he, cooked a lovely pasta meal, drank lots of tea and water and lazed on the couch watching a dvd for the night. Caught up on so much sleep with a great early nights sleep and lie-in. Waking up this morning and having breakfast in the middle of the countryside with the sun beaming down was so peaceful - I could of stayed here for a week and been content! 😊 But then the madness hit - we hit the rapids in style! Had a great instructor who was too busy telling and asking about our life stories than actually how to paddle or save ourselves in the event of capsizing! What a buzz, especially the grade 5 rapids! We did 2 of those and I could have done another 20! (Has made me really want to do the Black Water Rafting avaliable in the North Island) We spent 3 hours on the river and at the end of the rapids had the oppurtunity to go for a swim (well more carried by the current in the freezing cold water - no kidding it is created from a glacier!) downstream and then 2 jumps off a 4 & 10metre high rock ledge - was gutted that the cameraman, Cam he he... didn't catch the 1st one but at least he got the biggie - I was nervous though! Went back for an awesome barbie and then got driven back to Christchurch. It's cold and wet but not up to much anyway as away at 7am again!

Love to you all. Xx Xx




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd February 2009

wow
That looks absolutely amazing, I can't believe you did this and survived lol xox

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb