Franz Josef Glacier.......................


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Franz Josef
July 6th 2006
Published: July 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So on returning from Milford the boys were due to leave and I was going to stay in Queenstown abit longer but accomodation is a real problem there- I couldnt find a bed for love nor money!!!!!

So the only other option was to go with the boys- they were dong the rest of NZ in 2 weeks (a little quicker than I wanted as meant to be here 4 weeks but it was great to travel with them and in a car- stopping where and when we wanted- plus it helped with the old purse!!!!!- Thanks boys!!!!!)

Next on the list was Franz Josef Glacier..............................................

We didn't do the climb which i regret as you could only go so far up to the glacier without climbing guides...................... but again it all costs money and i suppose you could say i was watching my purse (have you ever heard so much rubbish in your life!!!!!!)

The hostel (Glow Worm Cottages- Clo that ones for you!) we stayed in was amazing and every about it was good- stayed a few nights.............. they put on free soup every eve and free hot tub!!!!!!!

Darren and I went on a seach for glow worms on a night walk you do yourself armed with head torches- but think we both were a bit scared and we turned around and headed back before we got to see any real amount of Glow Worms!!!!!!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



15th July 2006

the sunset looks amazing.do you remember your glow worm,you wouldn,t go to bed without it when you were little,xxxx
17th July 2006

I had one too Jane ! love the little glow worms, can't beleive you chickened out. The glacier looks amazing !

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb