Bye Bye OZ....Hello NZ!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Franz Josef
April 2nd 2009
Published: April 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our last few days in Cairns were spent chilling by the lagoon, we also met up for a night out with Shari & Kael, and had a good trad session in Willie McBrides Irish bar on Paddys weekend. So after a busy week we got the plane back to Brisbane and rented a lovely ocean view apartment in Surfers...I know, treating ourselves again, but we deserve it !! The night we got back there was a huge storm, we had a deadly view from our 14th floor apartment, look at the pictures uploaded...not as good as the cyclone though! (And Vinny and Aine called over for the now ritual monday night Desperate Housewives night)

So most of our 2 weeks was made up of dossing around and relaxing, on the beach and by the pool, We did manage to squeez a few day trips in, including going back to Wet n' Wild with Shari and kael which was just as good as the first time only colder, and the Dracula's show with Vinny and Aine, although poor Vin couldn't have a drink cos of his medication for the Bells Paulsy. After a couple of days dossing, we decided that it was time to get off our arses, so we booked ourselves in and did our PADI Scuba diving licence. This was amazing and a really worth while course as we've become avid scuba diving enthusiasts....( Planning to do one in NZ too). The last Sunday of our OZ journey we went to V Festival again with Vinny and Aine, What a day....... Snow patrol, madness, Kaiser Cheifs, Razorlight, Elbow and The killers were the main acts in the line up, and they didn't disappoint, (For me madness were the best of the night by a long shot).. Shell came away thrilled too. After Snow Patrol finished we went up to the stage thinking there would be one more song, it didn't happen but when we got there the drummer came out and flung his sticks into the crowd, All I could see was Shell grab at it and Aine diving on her so noone could take the stick, it was comical.. Unfortunately this was the last bit of excitment we were to have in Surfers (but what a way to be leaving), the next day after an emotional goodbye to the Brady's we headed to Brisbane to meet up with Shells friend from work Joanne. had a great night out with her and her boyfriend Daniel but we paid for it the next day when we had to be up at 4AM for our flight to NZ..

First stop in NZ was Christchurch. Stayed the first night in an airport hotel so nothing much exciting there, but the next day we went to pick up our new home for the next 3 weeks. It was a really big VW van converted to a camper (REALLY SWANKY), So far we've only had it 2 days but my god it's luxurious...

Nothing much else really to report so far, We're writing this from a camp site in Franz Josef which is on the west coast and houses the biggest glazier capped mountain in NZ.. We're gonna go climb it tomorrow, so we'll fill you in on that one soon..


Anyway Folks, Thanks for reading



SLAN


Additional photos below
Photos: 179, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



2nd April 2009

Hi
Wow.i think joesphine is a big step up from little joey!!!! grade 4 to open , man u thinks so too!!!! lol, mam
3rd April 2009

hi
Great photos, nice van!!! hope you are all well! lol Mam and Dad,XXXX

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb