South Island So Far


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Franz Josef
April 17th 2007
Published: April 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ive just realised how much im spending on the internet... :S not good! still its nice to try and keep in contact with people...

haha

anyway! yes. Nelson was rubbish. i have no idea what posessed Meg and Meghan to stay there to be honest!

Westport was kind of dead too... it has the highest suicide rate in NZ and im not really supprised! Smiley (our new bus driver) made a real effort to liven up westport for us, he drove us down to the beach and we had a massive bonfire for hours... and being a clear night we were able to see the stars and the milky way... and it was really really awesome.

the hostel was waaay better than nelson too, which was good.

after westport we went to Lake Mahinapua. with this old guy Les (who has being doin the kiwi accom for over 20 years, every day) he is seriously old. 81. smiley kept joking about trying to make him fall off his perch... which was really funny when we actually met the guy... he was so sweet, and had a hilarious personality.

anyway. we were given 2hrs in greymouth to find a fancydress costume for the party - theme was "something you enjoyed on the kiwi exp. so far" loads of scope. i went as a waterfall.
we ended up spending about 4 hrs there in the end as the bloody bus broke down. *shakes head*

party was really good. some of the costumes were hilarious! i have pictures, but i have already used up 2 memory cards... so i think most of them will be deleted :s

today has been one helluva day... so exhausted from last night, and we were forced to go to a museum where they explained about deer farming... and they had a random pig there... which we fed. had a huuge cooked breakfast... i didnt want to touch the possum pies...looked a bit iffy!

tomorrow is the glacier walk! so really looking forward to that. :D

more updates sooooon!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb