Spaceman....I always wanted you to go....into space,man!


Advertisement
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Spaceship launchSpaceship launchSpaceship launch

Welcome to our home!!
Well we have liftoff!!!!!

We picked up the spaceship-super campervan! after an 8hour journey to Christchurch. We had our own private 'Stray' tourbus with one of our previous drivers-was lots of fun! After we got the spaceship we drove to my friend Age's house-all those of you of TGI fame-remember this man! "Ladies Gents and those who ain't sure!!!" Stayed for a bit of catching up-gonna pop back when we drop off the spaceship, then the road trip began! The first night-after getting lost just about everywhere, we stopped for the night in a field in Timaru. Thought 'what a nice secluded spot for us to illegally camp for the night!' We awoke to find ourselves in a practically residential spot!!!!! Next day we headed off to Dunedin down the East coast-beautiful drive! (Shame about the weather though) But in true British style we attempted a swim-'attempt' being the operative word-got our ankles in the minus 10 glacial water then shot straight for the heated car!!! Crazy!!!

Stayed in Dunedin for 3days. Dunedin is Gaelic for Edinburgh-was like being in Scotland! Especially with the freezing weather! We headed for the Cadbury's chocolate factory-in search for some Oompah Loompahs. Sadly
Catching up with familliar faces!!Catching up with familliar faces!!Catching up with familliar faces!!

Nat, Age, Jules, Quincy, grown up Miles
none of the machines were working but we got free chocolate-which we haven't even touched yet. Yep-pictures of health we are we are!!!! Next day we went to the Speight's 'Pride of the South' brewery. Very dull until the end-we were given a private bar and told to help ourselves to whatever for half an hour! "Paul, which one do you like best?" "Who cares!!!!??" Of course the guide thought we were a couple! Everyone does!!!! The following day was rendez-vous day! Remember Luke? Well he caught us up. So after a day resting by the gorgeous beach of Dunedin we met him at his hostel. Great fun night-was great to see him again. Then the next day we showed him round town-which ended in quite a teary goodbye from me-Natalie! (what a loser!)

Thus began the next leg of road trip! We drove down towards Invercargill aka 'the place beginning with I and ending in Gill' but it was rubbish so we drove down to Bluff. Sadly couldn't really afford the ferry to Stewart Island but we were a stones throw away-we think-if that was the right island we were looking at! Stayed in a forest watching DVD's
Milford Sounds WaterfallMilford Sounds WaterfallMilford Sounds Waterfall

Its not a painting!!
in our spaceship-(how cool is that!)- and slept for the night. Headed off to Te Anau-the sweetest little town where the local supermarket actually wishes locals Happy Birthday by name! Of course with our luck the way it is I had my I-Pod stolen! There really is nothing left to steal! At the local police station the totally inactive officers couldn't believe it! Apparently nothing like that happens in these parts! And I swear I saw a bit of tumble weed on the way out!!!

Anyway we carried on-with one 90's CD-aaaagghh please no more MC Hammer!-to Milford Sounds. What an absolutely stunning part of the world!!! There really aren't words to describe it-as usual, so illiterate!!- so look at the photos! We took a ferry through the Sound-which is correctly known as a Fiord-and saw Seals again! Big furry cute slugs! The sand flies ate us to bits so we decided to head on to Queenstown-yes again!- rather than stay to be dinner!
So back in Queenstown we are! not a hardship I have to say-we love this place! As for that extreme side of us....some of you will know that there has been a new addition! Watch
Dunedin beachDunedin beachDunedin beach

Our dining room for 3 nights!!
this space!!! All I can say is wow!
That leads us to today-just bumped into Ste and Ian-some old faces from our 'family' that we left in Wellington. We just keep catching people up!

From here we will head back to Christchurch to meet up with Paul's family! Yay-people from home!!!!! Miss you all!
Will keep you posted on everything, chat soon!!! xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Ferrying through the SoundFerrying through the Sound
Ferrying through the Sound

Not a bad way to spend a day!
Mirror LakeMirror Lake
Mirror Lake

not just a clever name!!
Lord of the RingsLord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Natalie being Gollum!!


3rd April 2006

What a Gollum
Well what can i say you pair have got to have the worse luck.Graet people to go out with,but i think i would leave the family jewells at home if i was to travel with you to joenas."Good to see yous havent forgot how to smile".

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb