Day 90


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
January 29th 2011
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got up this morning and decided to sort out a few trips for Dunedin. For me, I’d particularly fancied checking out the Albatross Colony, and also the Taieri Gorge railway, and so we decided to head into the iSite to make our bookings. While we were there, we were advised about their ‘two of the best’ option, which allowed us to book the Albatross trip along with either Penguin Place or Natures Wonders. We put our rep on the spot and asked him which trip he would go on, and he said that Natures Wonders would guarantee seeing seals and sea lions, and you had a really good chance of seeing penguins, so we went with that. The Taieri Gorge railway runs to Middlemarch on 2 days a week, one of which was a Sunday so that made the booking for that easy, we’d do that tomorrow and the other trips on the Monday. So, we were going to need an extra night, as we’d only booked for 2. So, with all that done, we were free to do a bit of local around town sight seeing, so we wandered about for a bit, until I discovered, for the first time in our entire trip, free public Internet access! This brought about a couple of hour coffee break as I desperately tried to upload as many blogs and pics as I could before the laptop ran out of battery. We mostly then just wandered around town, checking out one of the many Churches in town, some pics of the Dunedin station building, which was really impressive, and also found some graffiti which looked pretty cool too! Found loads of other things to do, including walking tours of various places, so it looks like we’re going to end up having to spend quite a bit more than the 2 nights we’d planned here! Really interesting buzz around the town, not sure what it is, but there is definitely a vibe about the place we both really like.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb