Dunedin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
January 12th 2009
Published: January 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Dunedin (pronounced
Done Eden)

Another town on a steep hill. Reminds me of San Francisco. Even the houses. Did the museum, walked around town and toured a brewery. Lots of samples but unfortunately could not partake because of the gluten in the beer, but other people got to taste the many different types of beer and and more than one taste. Interesting. Weather was cool and windy when the day began. I saw a lot of women with skimpy tops on and here was I with three layers of clothing plus a light winter jacket. It did warm up in the afternoon. A young German girl working at the Hostel complained bitterly about the weather, says it rains all the time. This week looks good for us though. ? We are staying in a very small hostel, one of the owners is an American married to a NZ lander. In our house last night there were only three including us staying there. Yesterday an interesting couple was staying here. They have been sailing in their own boat around the world and have crossed the Atlantic and the Pacific. They love NZ and find Europe too crowded.

Simone has been great at leading me around and helping me download photos. Can be very complicated.
Simone rented a car and we drove out to Otago Pininsula. Very curvy roads and we drove up to this castle on this steep road. I am just not used to roads like that in Iowa and probably the worst is yet to come. We had hope to see an albatross, but to see them nesting we had to take a tour that cost $39.00 New Zealand. Less than Amer. money but a bit much to see some big birds. Anyway we did see some flying around. They are huge and we saw a seal swimming down below the cliff. we plan to take the scenic road around south Island and head for Milford Sound.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb