Dunedin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
September 28th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Dunedin, which is Gaelic for Edinburgh, and took a few snaps of the photogenic railway station. We wandered around the city centre and munched on hot crepes in The Octagon and braved the cold wind walking to The Otago Settlers Museum. A couple of student girls were conducting a survey on people attending the museum. They recorded the interview on their digital camera and Rach was really mortified when Jase said we were only visiting the museum because it was free! Not true, we were genuinely interested. We did learn quite a lot, about the Maori Settlers in the South Island and then the European immigrants, enjoying the steerage sailing ship simulator. We actually felt a bit dizzy! Rach encouraged Jase to peddle a Penny Farthing and Rach tried on a silly old dress. The old photos were very interesting, especially seeing how Dunedin had grown as a town since the Gold Rush, and lots of old family photos of Scottish immigrants. Jase enjoyed the Transport section of the museum, with an old steam train, and lots of old cars and motorbikes.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Blossom on the trees!Blossom on the trees!
Blossom on the trees!

Spring in New Zealand! Autumn in England, ha ha!
Dressing up in the museum!Dressing up in the museum!
Dressing up in the museum!

Nothing fit jase!!
Transport museumTransport museum
Transport museum

Kept Jase quite!


18th October 2007

Dunedin Church
Looks a bit like Lady of Lourdes dunnit? I bet Jase was gutted that none of the dress's fitted. I'm still a better nurse than he is a ballerina. Mind, most my army mates think that the photos are of an ex-girlfriend of mine.
19th October 2007

The nurse!!
Yeah you only won because you were having it off with one of the committee members!!

Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.2234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb