Dunedin to Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
January 3rd 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dunedin "The Octagon"Dunedin "The Octagon"Dunedin "The Octagon"

Dunedin is Gaelic for Edinburgh
Repeat: The proof is in the photos and their descriptions so I will leave most of the explanation to those devices.

Up early and toured the town, including the cathedral art museum and the Cadbury factory. Left Dunedin heading north for Christchurch.

More wildlife hunting with little success. The weather was fantastic and the water aquamarine.

Christchurch is flat and sprawled. Checked into the hostel and headed out for dinner and then on to a bar called the Stock Market or something similar. I watched the markets close across time zones as the hours passed by. I spent a good deal of time sending out a mass of postcards.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The Christmas Tree FireThe Christmas Tree Fire
The Christmas Tree Fire

Our party was dinning in the Metro when someone threw a Christmas tree in the fireplace. The smoke plum alarmed neighbors who called the fire brigade. Needless to say our car that was parked outside was blocked in by the fire trucks. We went on dining inside the Metro as firemen ran to and fro searching for a non existent fire.
Baldwin Street -- Steepest Street In the WorldBaldwin Street -- Steepest Street In the World
Baldwin Street -- Steepest Street In the World

It may not look like it, but this street has been classified as the steepest street in the world by Guinness Book of World Records.
Shag PointShag Point
Shag Point

Looking for Penguins
Old Man and the SeaOld Man and the Sea
Old Man and the Sea

This gentleman and his friend were from out of town. They had been repairing this small little boat and had brought it to Moeraki to test the seaworthiness of their craft. Needless to say she was taking on water. Try again boys.
Do we look bedraggled or what?Do we look bedraggled or what?
Do we look bedraggled or what?

Nearly two weeks in the car will do this to a person. Being ill with food poisoning doesn’t help the cause either.
Christchurch at NightChristchurch at Night
Christchurch at Night

I found a pub to write postcards this night. I think it was called the Stock Exchange. The had a big screen TV broadcasting live from the various world markets. I think I was an exchange in London close which should give you an idea of what time it was.


7th March 2007

No Sheep pictures?
what happened? building pictures have great lighting and exposure for difficult summer bright blue southern cross sky

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb