Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
August 29th 2015
Published: October 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

So my previous blog told you a little a bit about what we have been up to in the past month. So we've been travelling for 4 months now and have decided to stop in Christchurch for a few months to work and then continue our travels around the south Island. I am currently working in a preschool the children are much younger then I'm used to but i'm really enjoying it and getting to understand New Zealand's philosophy of education.

Christchurch is very much still under development after the devastating earthquake that destroyed the city. I have never seen a city like it before, but you can tell that it used to be a beautiful city by the beauty that still exists. The botanical gardens are fantastic to walk around and as spring is upon us you can see the flowers blooming we often go for a walk on a sunny day, there are also some very quirky areas eg giant chess boards and big grass seats. The most unique part of the the city is the RE START Mall; this is a mall made out of old shipping containers, it's very unique and very busy around the food court.



Since we've been here we have also had a trip out to Kaikoura, Whale Watching and Mount Hutt to experience some skiing which we really enjoyed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.9kb