Night out in Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
March 24th 2006
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived into Christchurch in the afternoon and arranged to meet up with my friend Nick who also used to live in Dubai. We went out to the strip which is right in the centre of town and lined with bars. We hung out at sticky fingers and di lusso. The funny thing about Christchurch is because its reasonably small everyone seems to know everyone. Kinda scary really!

We decided we would go out for a drive to Lyttleton (about forty five minutes away) which is the main port where all the boats come in. There wasn't much going on but we found this little funky bar with a few drunken people and russian sailors. Not the sort of place i would like to hang out on my own, put it that way. Stayed for a drink then made our way back to the city centre.

My friend nick had to leave has he had work in the morning, but i was still on Dubai time so was wide awake so decided to stay a bit longer. Went to di lusso and hung out there chatting with the bar manager. He is friends with some of the all blacks rugby players and told me they quite often come in and would introduce me to them. Sure enough half an hour later the boys walk in including New Zealands hottest rugby player Dan Carter. Was really cool meeting them in person. Not long after called it a night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb