Chilly Christchurch!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
May 10th 2006
Published: May 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all, sorry my last blog went a bit wrong, for some reason it deleted quite a lot of journal, and didnt publish it properly - grrr.

I am now in Christchurch, after spending 6 more days in Sydney: we visited the Blue Mountains which were really lovely and stayed with a friend of Fran's cousin, which was lovely of her since she didnt know us from Adam! We walked down to see the 3 sisters but could only see one which led to great confusion until we got round to the viewing point and realised the other two had been behind the one we were stood on! The next day we walked round the other way round the gorge before heading back to Sydney and spending the next few days with Kelly Wildon, relaxing on the beach in Balmoral!

We arrived in Christchurch on Saturday and spent a couple of days trying to decide how to travel around New Zealand. We also bumped into Liz and Kat from Selwyn which was pretty strange - the world is such a small place! We had a few drinks and dinner to catch up. After deciding on the Kiwi experience we the couldnt get booked on until Thursday - argh! However, it all worked out beautifully and Rob Markille offered us a bed in beautiful Methven about an hour out of Christchurch. The town is really beautiful as it sits at the foot of Mt Hutt and you can see the mountain range from Rob's living room window! Rob ferried us about in his work breaks so we got to do a spectacular walk around Rakia gorge and a lovely walk to some waterfalls today. It was so good to see Rob after about 7 years and even better to see he hasn't changed a bit! We are now back in Christchurch wearing all our clothes at once (brrr) before we leave for Greymouth tmrw.

Hope to get back on track with these blogs, hope you are all well

Lots of love

Sarah xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb