Day 28 Tuesday


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 30th 2010
Published: November 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Lake Tekapo to Christchurch


Day 28 Tuesday

Today we travelled the final leg of our NZ tour, from Lake Tekapo to Christchurch. The journey was quite different from many of those we have done – no more mountain roads with gorges, hairpins and sheer drops; this one had long stretches of straight road where the only event was an occasional truck to overtake – stick the car into cruise control and chew up the miles (sorry kilometres).

Once in Christchurch an afternoon in the park and botanical gardens then a meander around the city centre. It had a very English feel, especially when we saw a punt on the river.

Eliza’s (where we are staying) is a grand old house near the park. The proprietress has the biggest collection of teddy bears we have ever seen. They are on every shelf, surface there is in the house.

We have a four poster bed, leaded windows and a grand old staircase. The Christmas tree is up. The house suffered some damage in the earthquake as did some of the others in the neighbourhood; mainly to brick walls, roof tiles and chimney stacks. Our hostess said they are still getting aftershocks and in fact there was a quake last night but under 4 on the Richter scale.

Tomorrow is our last day then we’ll be off to the airport for the flight to Singapore. Now...how did we get all that luggage into that suitcase?



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th November 2010

well done hickies
looking forward to seeing you soon Chris

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.6kb