Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
March 17th 2010
Published: March 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi

We have moved on a bit since the last blog we went to Franz Josef Glacier. That was amazing we got to stand at the foot of a glacier. It took us 4 hours to walk there and back but it was well worth it.

We then went to Lake Wanaka. It is a beautiful place in the mountains. We got to stay at the YHA on the lakefront. We went to Puzzleworld which was full of illusions (see pics) We also went to the cinema paradiso. this was an odd place, we sat on couches and there was an old car you could sit in too it was like somebodys front room.

We then went to queenstown where we did another lord of the rings tour with Dean who was a ranger and ori kai in the film. He was funny. He let us dress up in the costume from the film and play with the swords and axe. (see pics). We went to Milford sound. Thats really pretty its unspiolt fjordland for miles. It took 5hours to get there through national park lands but was worth it. We also went on the shotover jet. Andy was bricking it! It was a fast jet boat over the canyons and did 360 turns at high speed. It was cold and we got wet but it was so much fun! We bought the DVD so expect to see it when we are back.

We then got a cold so spent most of Dunedin in bed recovering but did make it out for a bit of walk round. Its based on edinburgh (Dunedin is the gaelic name for edinburgh) It wasnt very pretty but we found a cinema and watched Valentines Day. Good film, watch it if you liked love actually.

We then moved onto Lake Tekapo. This was in the middle of nowhere. Andy went for a walk up the mountain. I stayed at the bottom and read my book by the lakefront in the sun.

We are now at Christchurch and we are just about to go look round the city and cathedral.

Speak to you soon

Andy and Caroline

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb