Buskers Festival


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 25th 2010
Published: February 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

From Jan 21st through to the 31st there was a big festival here called The International Buskers festival. So, all throughout the center of the city buskers were performing all day and sometimes at night. It was a really fun fun time. On my days off I would walk into town with some of the girls and we would all just enjoy the mainly free entertainment. We saw some acts from USA, Germany, UK, lots of Kiwi acts and a few Aussies.

Pictures
Pictures 2

At night they put on a $2 show with a handful of the buskers performing 15 minute short shows on a stage at the Art Center outdoors. We went down to check it out one night. It was really cool and we saw all kinds of funny shows and amazing shows. The whole city of Christchurch got really into the festival and it was great.

At 9pm when the sun was finally starting to go down they did a couple of night shows. The first was an acrobatic show kind of similar to a mini cirque de soliel. It was pretty cool and then there was a fire show put on by some Aussies. They started out with a didgeridoo player who was AMAZING!!!!! He played a couple of songs and then the fire dancers came out who were really cool as well.

It was a good 10 days full of lots of stuff going on so sorry you guys didn't hear much from me during this time but it was sunny, hot and busy busy busy!!!!!!

I really am enjoying my time here in New Zealand so so so much. I'd like to say that I miss home but seeing as this is my second big trip away from home it's easier and easier to not think about home. But, I do miss all of you guys!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb