the beginning


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 8th 2009
Published: February 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

tillamook cheese!tillamook cheese!tillamook cheese!

it was nice of air new zealand to give me a little taste of home on the flight over the pacific.
hi there folks! i've been in christchurch for four days now, i think i finally may have caught up on my sleep.

the first night i was here i played some ultimate with the local club, it was SUPER windy but it was good to get out in the town. i had to take the bus, then i got completely turned around and couldn't find the fields. got there eventually though. they were good people, it was fun, if i get back here for any more of their practice or pick up times i'll definitely head out to find them.

yesterday i went out for a hike with a bunch of locals. since it was with an organized club we were allowed to head out to a place that people don't usually get to go on some private farm land. it was pretty amazing. and there were seals.

today we headed to the beach. i haven't been to the beach in forever. sun, sand, sea, surf. quite an excellent day.

it's my last night in christchurch. i met a woman named michelle from england, she looks a lot like julie keck actually, and we're going to head
frisbee in the parkfrisbee in the parkfrisbee in the park

i met a couple of israeli guys and a girl from sweden, we played catch in victoria park in christchurch.
north tomorrow to pick some fruit for money and then get out into the woods hiking around for a while.

things are going well, the people here are friendly, the exchange rate is amazing, and the weather is beautiful. i miss you all like crazy, of course. and i have WAY more photos than i'm putting in here, and i'll force you to look at them when i get home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

"scenery keep""scenery keep"
"scenery keep"

joined up with the local "tramping" club (it's not what you think) and hiked over private farm land ... rolling hills, dead grass, boring as hell until we reached the coastline. then it was all worth it.
sumner beachsumner beach
sumner beach

we went to the beach today, it was supposed to be 40 degrees centigrade. which is hot, so they tell me. it didn't get that warm but the beach was beautiful, and swimming in the ocean was grand.


9th February 2009

snow
Just to make you feel better, I will let you know that it is snowing in Bozeman - enjoy swimming in the ocean!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb