Landed in NZ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 5th 2009
Published: January 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your Christmas and New Year messages!

Just landed in Christchurch and so thought it'd be a good time to fill you in on the last few weeks before we head off around the South Island!

Although originally we had planned to stay in Sydney for Christmas and New year, we eneded up heading back to Melbourne due to everywhere in Sydney being booked up! Was quite happy though as Melbourne has been my favourite place so far! The locals we met were complaining that it was the worst summer they had had in melbourne in years, but it was more than Ok with us. Was certainly different spending Christams day on the beach! Have to say I did miss the big Christmas dinner, as all we could get down at the beach in St Kilda was a burger and chips! Other than that we had a really good day, there was a great party atmosphere down there!

Another bonus about going back to Melbourne was that we got to go to the Boxing Day Test match between Australian and South Africa at the MCG. Was an early start, getting to the ground before 9 to make sure we got a good seat for the first ball at 10.30! Didn't disappoint...getting a seat in the infamous bay 13! Again the whole day was a party atmosphere, with the beers and mexican waves flowing all day!

Just like Christmas Day, we had a different New Year. The New Year's parties in Melbourne are on New year's Day rather than New year's eve...so we spent New Year's Eve taking in the fireworks (with the 1000's of others) down on the river before a big beach party down in Port Melbourne the day after.

So there were mixed feeling when leaving Melbourne yesterday. Very excited to come back to New Zealand, but really wasn't ready to leve Australia, having had such a great time!

Anyway, best go...hope you are all well and look forward to hearing from you....love Luke x


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.5kb