Day 17 - Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 19th 2008
Published: November 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Frank at the PierFrank at the PierFrank at the Pier

The New Brighton Pier
Christchurch is the South Island’s largest city and New Zealand’s second largest city.

Once we arrived at the Lyttelton Harbor, we again boarded a shuttle bus that took us downtown. Once downtown we went to the information center to view other options for the day. The information center rented bicycles so we opted to mount our 24-speed bicycles and pedaled around for the day.

We chose to start our adventures by pedaling out to the New Brighton Pier. New Brighton is situated on the Pacific Ocean about 7 km outside of town. From there we picked up a bike trail in South New Brighton along the estuary of the Avon and Heathcote Rivers. The views were amazing and we rode back into town.

After pedaling back into town, we went by another brewery but learned that they were also not available for tours. We next circled Hagley Park and rode along the Avon River before returning our bicycles. We then took some time to relax in the sun of Victoria Square before returning to Cathedral Square where the shuttle bus returned us to the ship.

We joined our dinner tablemates for dinner in the Metropolitan Restaurant again
Frank bikingFrank bikingFrank biking

This was along the estuary. Notice the snow-capped mountains in the background?
and enjoyed another great dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb