Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
March 16th 2008
Published: March 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Christchurch


Left most of the friends we had made in queenstown, the group was down to four as we headed for the last stop on our kiwi experience, very sad. It was a long journey to christchurch about 7hours but we had a bus driver who won my favour by reeling off a 3minute long list of alternatives for going number one or number two! Not the beautiful lakes and mountains its the little things that ammuse me! When we got to christchurch the two girls went off to explore shop and get some dinnner for the evening while the boys hit the nearest bar followed in quick succession by several others. The girls cooked a lovely steak dinner and we all went out for a few drinks after.
Kaikoura
We were up early to head up the coast for a "day trip" to Kaikoura (turned out that the ticket was only one way and we had to get another bus back, very poorly explained). Anyway we saw some lovely scenery, penguins, dolphins and seals, also had a lovely picnic on the beach. We left another of our friends here as she was travelling back up to auckland! only three left!
Back in Christchurch
The next day we got a free old style tram around the city the headed to the beautiful botanical gardens with a bottle of wine and a little picnic,very idilic! After this myself and the other one of us richard found a small cafe and proceeded to enjoy a couple of reasonably priced bottles of white while Lyndsay went shopping again! Dinner was a lovely pizza and more bevarages in a sportsbar in town.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb