Christchurch in the sun this time!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
May 12th 2007
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On our very last day in New Zealand, we pottered around Christchurch for a little while before we had to go to the airport. Laura was very excited to be able to make the most of the sun tto take some closeup pictures of the Chalice (a cool blue and silver metal sculpture in cathedral square) and of the cathedral and the sqaure looking its best.

After this little photo-fest and a quick look around the shops/market, it was time to get back to the hotel, pick up our bags and head to the airport. We had a lovely taxi driver, which meant our last impression of NZ was a favourable one. We even felt moved to tip him in this country where tipping is not expected!

We got to the airport in plenty of time and were very pleased to secure two exit seats plus one normal seat. However, our joy was short-lived owing to a 6 foot 8 tall man (who we, strangely enough, never laid eyes on) who clearly (if he existed) needed the exit seat more than we short-arses did! However, the flights weren't too bad thanks to a combination of sleeping tablets, and not being in too cramped a location. Sarah sang the praises of her flight socks, and will never mock these unfashionable garments again, thanks to having human rather than hippo legs on her return to Angleterre.

Overall our trip was quite tiring and busy, but we saw some great scenery, had some great laughs, and best of all (for me anyway) got to see David and Louise.

No doubt I will be back in New Zealand before too many years go by..... Although there is an awful lot of world left to see....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Cathedral square and Millennium HotelCathedral square and Millennium Hotel
Cathedral square and Millennium Hotel

We stayed here - quite pleasing!


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb