In Christchurch all alone!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
April 16th 2007
Published: April 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey

Well as for viewing numberf of my last blog... i was correct.. they were down slightly... but only slightly so maybe some other people read it as well!! sweet!

I'm now in christchurch as you may have guessed by the title and i head back to Palmy 2mo lunchtime before going on to Napier on the east coast to hopefully work for a few weeks cos some money would be nice!

Since Auckland... ok... Met up with becks... and tried keeping her up for as long as i could... managed it until abut 9 i think which i think was a good effort by her! then we looked around Auckland which isn't a particularly inspiring thing to do... especially in the rain... we managed to find an opening when it wasn't too dull and went up the sky tower... its 350m high (think thats about 1000ft for old guys who don't understand) but... the highest you can get is 230m (thats less than 1000ft for those who don't understand!) or something the rest is just comunications stuff and bits of metal sticking up so its higher than some tower in sydney (I guess thats the reason any way) Its a long way up ne who... you can jump off (attached to harness and stuff of course) but we didn't... did stand on the glass floor which was weird. Ne who.. didn't do much else.. Next day we went to rotorua and it rained... the day after we looked round rotorua when is was raining and stuff was bubbeling and steaming and smelling as is normal there. Then ther bus to taupo.. it still rained... went to the lake in a bit when it wasn't raining... and it statred raining by the time we got there so, we got wet again. Then it was cool and sunny the next day so we looked round taupo in the sun which was heaps nicer! and got the bus to palmy... chilled out in palmy for a few days then flew to Queenstown, hired out a car and drove 4 hours to milford sound.. went on a cruise on the sound the next day which was real cool, and drove back to cromwell (an hour the otherside of Queenstown from milford) the drive was spectacular... we had to stop our selves stopping as we were takign to many photos and not getting far enough! met upwith mum and dad in cromwell which was cool as we hadn't planned it and next day drove to wanaka for lunch before heading onto mount cook. Mount cook is big.... and the vilage isn't stayed there. Drove on to Tekapo which is an amazing colour and then onto Christchurch where we met up with mum and dad again. umm we looked round... went to lyttleton (where they landed when they set up christchurch) and akaroa where the British raised a flag to tell the frenchies that we were here first... only by a few days tho mind... the french decided that as theyd come this far they may as well land (i don't suppose they landed... what do ships do.. maybe dock... yer that'll do) and chillout for a bit so.. they did so now they have french street names... but i imagine that thats mainly for us tourists to make it look more french than it actually is.

Ne who
Then I left the other 3 in Chch and drove to tekapo to stay the night before going to queenstown...Queenstown is really pretty place... it makes its living out of being pretty... i don't think theres any otehr industry there apart from tourism but its a nice place even still. Stayed tere a night then onto Dunedin... Which was freezing... erm... its a scottish place.. well is supposed to be... i didnt see any kilts or haggis. it had a hilarious train station... that has a train a day go from it... but it look so impressive from the out side... like a castle...they have when the next trains ariving on a piece of paper and the clock on the platform didn't work.

now i'm here... got here yesterday came via timaru... which is a little town (called a city in NZ its stupid Diss would be called a city in NZ i wonder what they'd call london) that isn't very exciting but was pleasent enough.

So there we go... turns out i've done a heap in the last few weeks so, it'll be good to be in one place for a bit. I hope that everyone is well.
Enjoy

Rich

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0882s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb