Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
April 9th 2007
Published: April 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a few hours pacing time through town, we took in most of the cultural district. We attended a small part of the Easter Sunday service in the Cathedral, looked through the small shops in the Art Centre, a group of art and craft shops, the most impressive of which in my opinion was obviously the fudge cottage!

The buildings here are a lot more like the UK, we haven't seen a great deal of stone buildings for a while, and the general feel of the town is very relaxed and quaint.

We ventured out to the beaches of New Brighton and watched the surfers in the wind chop enjoying a few easter weekend waves.

We took a bit of time out and visited an adventure pool with rapids, diving pools and wave machines (like coral reef), where I braved the heights of the highest board at 10m, while anne took in the comforts of the spa! She did however show me how to front somersault off the spring boards!

3 days here was long enough for us based on our non existent budget, and our time in the city cost us no more than swimming and a visit to the cinema- there are lots of galleries, shops and places to see here for free!

We were glad to offload the car and get on to the airport to start our adventures in Australia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011kb