chruistchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the 7th of April me and Rich got a bus up to Christchurch to watch The Canterbury Crusaders vs Western Force in the Super 14's Rugby League. Dan Carter was playing - What a legend!
I bought myself a shirt then went along to the game and it was so weird! Its like a family outing going to a rugby match??? What gives?
The stadium is hilarious! it looks a cross between blackpool's football stadium and Camelot Theme park! With a massive medieval knight figure outside the front and a massive sword in the middle of the pitch!
They start off with a live band playing. Then cheerleaders - wasn't complaining....
Then People on horseback doing several laps around the field dressed as medieval knights riding to the sound of a Clint Eastwood movie! ha it was ace!
The game was a great laugh having a few beers while watching some of the best new zealand players play at their best - rico gear ect.. and obviously Dan Carter lol!
The game was great to watch as Crusaders hammered the Aussie team 53 - 0 an absolute white wash!

Then the following morning we got the bus back to Queenstown to pick up the car. The day turned out to be the best weather Id seen in ages! We past Lake Tekapo and Lake Punaki that overlooked Mount Cook! Which was ace. Apparently its rarely seen. only one in five days do you manage to see Mount Cook and we managed to get probably the clearest day to see it - not a cloud in the sky!
The Lakes were pretty impressive too as it is so blue! The colour looks completely unnatural - maybe you cont see in the picture but its bright, light blue - weird. Apparently its because it was formed from a glacier which leaves behind high concentrations of minerals making it that colour - pretty cool aye?



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

What the HELL????What the HELL????
What the HELL????

This is a rugby game. I think.....
Lake TekapoLake Tekapo
Lake Tekapo

How blue is that water?
Mount CookMount Cook
Mount Cook

3754 metres high! wow


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb