Day 7 - Friday - Christchurch - Greymouth


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
March 9th 2007
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Updated 19 MAR 07

Christchurch is a really laid back city. We’ve decided that if we had to make a comparison then Christchurch would be like Melbourne, except more laid back and less hazardous to drive through. Amazing drive. We spent our night in Christchurch staying with reallies. This was one of the highlights of Christchurch for us both. A big THANK YOU goes out to you, Rebecca & Bryce, for your great Kiwi hospitality and travelling advice. "Sweat as"

The drive from Christchurch to Hokitika/Greymouth is a MUST DO for any traveller. You wont be disappointed. This is a huge contrast to yesterday. Truly AWESOME. More details and pix to follow.

Hokitika is a great cafe or pub drinking surfy like town. Its kinda like Torquay on Victoria's western surf coast.

GOOD NOTE: This is the best place to buy your Greenstone/Jade stuff from so wait till you get here. You might even find some on the beach. I did.

More details about the wild foods festival later as thats on the agenda for tomorrow.

For food in Greymouth go to Franks for a tucked out of the way fantastic dining experience. Momo - Tibetian dumplings (vege & beef) were wonderful as were the Bangers & Mash. You must try them.

Ok Ok, You Voyeuristic lot. Time for feedback. Come on, leave some comments! And clean ones, Chris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



10th March 2007

Whinging ba$tard
Sturth your a whinging ba$tard. Your suppose to be over there as some kind of missionary educating these simple folks in the ways of the western world!!!!!! Mind you that ferry ride is grouse!!!! The day we did it they were gunna cancel the ferry and put us all on RNZAF C-130's!!! It was that rough. Some those dumplings sounded nice. Bring a bag of those home. Have ya's been fishing yet? What about a bit of deering? Get a chopper in into the hills and chase the pigs as well. Have you found a nudist beach yet? Apprently there are some good ones over there. Erica and I are interested in going to one!!!!!! "Ouch" Erica's just given me a slap. See if you can find one of those Maori things, it's like a small club. I've got one made out of whale bone. There was some made out of jade. They looked grouse.
10th March 2007

no whinging here
Dumplings, no. Deering, no. Fishing, No. Nudish beach, No. Jade, maybe, found some on the beach at Hokitika.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb