end of NZ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
March 4th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're now coming to the end of our NZ trip, the last few weeks have been very relaxed and we've not really done alot! Whilst in Christchurch we have visited the beach (photo's are on the last entry), been on the tram and the gondola, visited the art gallery, museum and botanic gardens, and generally just been relaxing and sorting things out for our next countries.

We also had a few days away: a night in Hanmer Springs where we spent many hours relaxing in the hot springs and went on a pretty forest walk; and we spent 2 nights in Kaikoura. There we had a nice wander about, paddle in the sea, and cooked our best meal yet (fresh fish, potatoes and wine!). We planned to swim with seals (apparently they are more friendlier than dolphins) but unfortunately the weather turned bad and we couldn't go. To get back to Christchurch we decided to save money and hitch back. This worked really well and we got a lift with a New World lorry driver (one of the big supermarket lorries) which was lots of fun!

Tomorrow night we are going a little bit down the coast to Akoroa where we are going to celebrate Jack's birthday 2 months early and go swimming with dolphins. Then it's off to Australia!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb