29 12 07


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Akaroa
December 29th 2007
Published: December 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

29 12 07

We had our first real day out & about today, we went off to Akora, about 50 miles South of Christchurch.

Helen went in her car with 2 kids & we pinched Streves 4x4 to follow on with the rest of the crew. The weather was sunny but there was a cool breeze.

The journey was quite a good one, the roads varied from long dead straight ones to very tight & twisty ones through the mountains.

We were going to go out to sea on a boat to go dolphin watching but it was very choppy & the kids decided they would rather play on the beach all day instead.

I cant believe you come half way round the world & the people sat next to you on the beach are broard Wiganers talking about "Goin int wata" & Heinz beans !!!! Typical, at least they were not Man U fans to rub salt in the wounds !!

Oscar & Rhoderi ended up going in the sea & lying down !!! To say the water was cold was a total under statment, it was freezing. Why dont kids feel the cold like us oldies ??

Hay ho, im on holiday i cant sit here telling you all what a great time we are having in the sun,!!!!!

How cold & wet is it back home ???? Very i hope Ha Ha Ha.

See you soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb