Sarah's Mom requested an update


Advertisement
Published: March 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Posted by Sarah

March 21st

Monday morning Martin and Allan from the Motueka club took the Team for a walk in Abel Tasman National Park north of Kaiteriteri. Abel Tasman is the most visited national park in New Zealand and its popular trek can take 3-5 days. We opted for the (easier) 2-hour section and even had a lovely water taxi ride home!

After our picnic lunch we toured a hops production and processing facility. The hops from this facility are used by Coors in Coors Light beer. Some hops are also used by microbreweries. The aroma was great. I also got to see my first kiwifruit plant Monday afternoon. Kiwifruit will be harvested next month.

Tuesday we had the privilege of touring the Talley’s fish processing facility and ice cream factory—and yes, we got to sample the Hokey Pokey ice cream that is so adored in New Zealand! The fish processing was amazing. Most of their fish is exported, they also create McDonalds fish filets and they serve the local market with fresh fish too. We saw oysters, muscles, swordfish, flounders, and many other types of fish. Amazing!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



24th March 2006

Great Job of Reporting Your Adventures
I am Sarah's Aunt Kay. I just have to let you people know that your reports of your days are great. Love the pictures! We are getting ready for our son's wedding reception and am sorry Sarah will be missing it. But this New Zealand trip is another of those 'one of a lifetime' and shouldn't be missed. By the way Sarah, you'll need to tell cousin Bernie about that Coors hops; for he makes a great glass of Pale Ale at the Blue Cat Brew Pub where he brews at. Have an informative and safe journey everyone! Thanks again for doing this blog!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb