Birthday bungee


Advertisement
Published: February 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

No turning back!No turning back!No turning back!

Adele gets strapped to the bungy cord
After a relaxing week in fiordland we fancied a change of pace and headed straight to the adventure town of Queenstown. As it was Adele's birthday and the van was beginning to smell we booked into a hostel and mentally prepared ourselves (pacing up and down and sweating) for Adele's birthday treat - a 142m bungee jump from a high wire platform!!

Together with 6 other people we took a minibus to the top of a canyon, put on our harnesses and took a very wobbly cable car to the jumping off platform from which we hurled ourself into the abyss of the canyon. Adele 'I didn't scream did I?' Pugh screamed and Simon 'is your face always that red' Parsons turned even redder as he failed to pull his 'uprighting' cord properly and had to be hauled back up, upside down and spinning.

After watching the dvd again and again and congratulating ourselves on our moment of madness we got back in the refreshed van and headed off to the lakes of Wanaka and did some more 'tramping'. Real stunning scenery (yet again) and some great walking.

Next stop, the glaciers on the west coast.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Here we go!Here we go!
Here we go!

And Adele's off on her 142m drop!
Birthday champagne in QueenstownBirthday champagne in Queenstown
Birthday champagne in Queenstown

More relaxing type of birthday celebrations with a bottle of champagne overlooking lake Wanaka
Little and LargeLittle and Large
Little and Large

We had fun with some optical illusions in Wanaka's "Puzzling World".


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb