Abel Tasman National Park day 2


Advertisement
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up around 7:30 had some hot drinks as it was still raining a bit, we packed away our stuff while breakfast was being prepared. We had to get all the stuff back in the Kayaks it went smoothly compared to our first attempt. We set off along the coast to look a seals then off to the seal island there were loads of young seals and seals jumping out of the water around us. We didn’t manage to get any pictures of the seals jumping. We headed back to shore to carry on along the coast the sea got quite rough again. We headed to some natural arches which our guide let us paddle through . Next we went into mosquito bay which was like a paradise island. We paddled onto Sand fly bay which lived up to its name we stopped here for lunch and we got the feeling we were on the menu!! After lunch we paddled into the bay which was very rocky and quite dangerous to our fibreglass kayaks it again was very beautiful. We paddled on to our final destination Anchorage which was again a beautiful beach. We sailed into the beach by getting all the kayaks in a row and attaching a sail to the paddles at the back corners and holding the sail at the front so much easier than using the paddles. We unloaded our stuff and got a water taxi back to base then headed back to Nelson. It was a great trip the scenery was great a few pictures which don’t do it justice.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb