Kayaking, New Zealand


Advertisement
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We took a one day kayaking tour around the Abel Tasman National Park, stopping of at beaches along the way for morning tea and lunch! The weather was lovely and for one of the few times on my trip I was able to put my swimsuit to good use. This was mainly because I decided to show everyone how to fall out of a canoe.....launching yourself onto a beach is not as easy as you can imagine! So headed back to the mainland and were informed by our guide that the wind had picked up and it would take us a little longer then normal. Four hours later, we made it home, three hours later then intended. It was one of the most physically demanding things I have done. The sea was drenching us and the wind sweeping us all over the place. It also didn't help that we had two girls who took enjoyment from complaining alot and kept making us stop. But in saying all that me and Neil were the only two to actually complete it, what with the other members of the group getting the water taxi and being pulled by our guide! So yeah it was hard work and it felt like we were never going to make it! But once again we are bloody proud of ourselves! Mum and Dad, if you ever do buy a kayaking....me and Neil won't be borrowing it!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb