Sleeping in a Teepee


Advertisement
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

First stop in the South Island was in Picton. Stayed at a beautiful Lodge. Keith was most excited about the TV in the room.

Drove to Marahau where we stayed. Had a wonderful fish and chips dinner right on the ocean (great view). From there we went to a campground where the only accomodation that was available was a Teepee (literally).

Next day we took a water taxi to Bark Bay. It was great, they took us around each Bay before Bark's and gave us some background information on each. I loved the boat operator's accent (Keith enjoyed trying to mimick the accent). The water taxi ride lasted about an hour and was pretty exciting as they went fast over the crashing waves.

So we started our day hike, which took us about 6 hours. Near the end of the track, my feet were giving me some trouble, so Keith walked ahead to get the car (the car was parked down the road quite a ways).

This track we did was part of the 53 Tramping in New Zealand walks in our lonely planet guide. I think we have done a total of 5 so far!

We are taking a lot of pictures and have filled up two 1 hour tapes on the video camera and we are backing up all our files on our portable hard drive. Keith think we will be in Black's for 3 hours trying to sort out all our pictures.



Advertisement



20th February 2007

Been there, done that
It's so awesome to hear about your trek...this was one of our favourite parts of our trip, we combined a hike with kayaking. I'm sure we ate at the restaurant that you did...as well. Love your stories, sounds like your weather is awesome. Did you do the Tangou(somethingorother) Crossing on the North Island. Uncle Fred

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb