Part 3: Mt Eden


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
October 23rd 2012
Published: October 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I had written a nice, big blog entry that was hilarious and informative, but TravelBlog decided to go ahead and erase that. So here is the shortened version...



Creepy redhaired girl is still staring at the TV...she actually asked me to help fix it. I tried but it remains broken...she is seething with ginger rage, and most certainly plotting revenge. We have to get out of K Road.



Today we saw the rest of the top sights from the Lonely Planet guidebook that my awesome sister bought for me. We walked to Ponsonby (cool, funky neighborhood with neat shops/pubs/restaurants), Viaduct Harbor, Mt Eden, One Tree Hill, Albert Park, University Clock Tower, and a bunch more. We even met two guys who took our picture on the wharf bridge that turned out to be staying at K Road. It was weird because they seem totally normal, which is not usually the case when it comes to K Road visitors.



We found a campervan that we are going to use to get to the Coromandel Peninsula this weekend. The Lowballer...I like the sounds of that. Alison has been busy practising her Kiwi accent...still comes out British. "Buhger King" is about the only thing she can say in a NZ accent. I don't think she'll ever quite nail it.



We climbed Mt Eden today...its basically this extinct volcano in the middle of the city. Very cool view from the top though the supposedly "gruelling, 30 minute hike" turned out to be a 15-minute pleasant hike. The pictures do not do justice to how cool it was. There was a deep crater basically right in the middle, which is where all the lava used to spew from...it's now a nice little grassy area with a steep basically completely vertical incline. Makes you dizzy just to look at it.



Hobbiton tomorrow...ermagerd.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb