Winery


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
November 10th 2011
Published: November 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So I wanted to stop at a Winery on our way down to Wellington the lady at the B&B in Naiper recommended Martinborough which is a 2 hour drive northwest of Wellington. We arrived in the afternoon and had a couple of hours before all wineries closed. So we quickly put the tent up and rented bikes and off we went managed three different wineries and after that we had to go for dinner. They have lovely wine here however after the 15th wine it’s difficult to know what the wine actually taste of. I think it’s the same when you are going into a perfume shop and smell different perfumes, after a while you can’t feel the difference. Anyway we had a really good time and we love Martinborough if you ever visit NZ go to Martinborough. Martinborough is named after its founder John Martin and he set out the first streets in the pattern of the Union Flag in the 19th century. Many of the town's streets are named after foreign cities visited by Martin.

Advertisement



19th November 2011

Looks tasty!
I bet the wines were so delicious though hope you weren't over limit cycling back to tent! Andy and I did wine tasting in France then carried back 2 bottles in our cycling jerseys!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb