Day 27


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
November 27th 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 27 Saturday. Another gorgeous sunny day, and my rest day, so, with the weather so good, we decided to venture along to the Stratford A&P show, after the wash out at Harwara last weekend. We arrived to find, to our surprise, a long queue of people waiting to pay to get in but, as luck would have it, just as we were driving almost right past the main entrance, a car came out of its parking space, so we were able to park literally 10 yards from the main gate, which was a complete result, and we were quickly inside the show. Much bigger than the Hararwa show, lots more to see and do and, with the weather being better, it was just a much more enjoyable experience. Managed, as per usual, to take a few photos of various things, the show highlight being the log chopping competition and the pig racing! I also managed to get a rather cool cowboy hat!! Diet was a bit easier today as I’m finally allowed to eat meat, so I was able to have a steak or two during the day, and that helped!

After we got back we mostly just chilled out at home, me making the most of a rest day to have a bit of a snooze in the late afternoon, still feeling very tired and not quite sleeping through the night completely.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb