North Island.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
April 17th 2006
Published: April 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Venus!Venus!Venus!

Our home for New Zealand. These vans are wicked, it even has a dvd player, cooker and fridge!!
We drove around the north coast between the main towns in our spaceship which was amazing. Driving ourselves gave us the freedom to stop whereever we wanted and explore some places that were off the beaten track. These photos were all places that we found by driving around and they have been some of the most spectacular views so far.
Everything about New Zealand is beautiful, including the roads so cruising around is cool, its even better for me cos i cant drive so i can just sit on my seat and take in the scenary while Dan drives all day (What? ...he likes driving!!!) he he

We visited the Sulphar baths and geisers in Rotoura. They are good to see but i would suggest not to breath for the duration of the visit as they absolutley stink!!!!!
Our clothes still have a whiff of egg about them now, 5 washes later or more. Everything that we washed with the clothes we wore that day has now taken on that odour too. We are a stinky pair!!!
We both touched the pools and didnt realise that it does strange things to jewellry. Both our rings turned black and are only
Mud Bath!!Mud Bath!!Mud Bath!!

Hells gate mud spas in Rotoura
just returning to normality now although my white gold ring is a rusty yellow, ( not even gold) its better than it was though!!!
We had a mud spa at the sulphar baths which is meant to have healing properties and be really good for your skin. Our analysis was again, that it just smelt bad and it made us start to itch after a while!!!

We visited the historical treatey ground which are set in some beautiful coastal walks. We walked for a few hours taking some of the most stunning scenes. It was a lovely, sunny day so after that we had lunch along the coast.
Since we've had the spaceship we have noticed that we attract alot of ducks and this day was no different. We think that the ducks must like bright orange and maybe we resemble a large orange beak or something. The ducks surround our bus most mornings even if we're not near any lakes. On this day i was walking up and down the promanade with loads of ducks following like the piped piper but with duckies!!! Thankfully i had a spare french stick to hand for just such occasions!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sky City Tower, Auckland.Sky City Tower, Auckland.
Sky City Tower, Auckland.

We went right up to the highest viewing deck to see 360 degree views of Auckland. We also went to the casino.. suprise, suprise!!!
Haruru Falls, TaupoHaruru Falls, Taupo
Haruru Falls, Taupo

Stunning water fall and flowing river
Sneaky peekingSneaky peeking
Sneaky peeking

Big blades of grass in New Zealand!!! This was at Bay of Islands


Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb