Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
January 24th 2006
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We got up to rain pouring down and strong winds blowing. We decided last night that we would go to Starbucks this morning so we took off in the rain to walk those few blocks. We haven’t had wind and rain this severe since we have been in NZ. We walk around to buy a few things on our list before returning home then decide to go to the pier for lunch. We are able to wind our way through some buildings and stay inside most of the way. We have a delicious, late lunch at Mecca on the pier and leave to go to a few more stores as we leave. The wind is blowing so hard it blows my glasses away. Michael and I search for them along the street in the wind and rain for a long time before Michael finds them about a block away, in the gutter. Very weird.
Michael wants to go by the casino so we make our way there. He doesn’t have much luck and we have to walk back to our hotel in the wind and rain. As we walk back there are limbs and leaves from trees everywhere. We watch the evening news in our hotel room and they report that many homes are without power and everyone should stay in if possible until this evening when the violent weather has passed. We stay in and order room service for dinner then watch some television before going to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb