The Campervan Saga


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
February 13th 2009
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Friday 13th !!

Due to pick up campervan from depot at 10am. When we arrived (a bit late) we were told it was not ready - about 20 mins. After this told it was still not ready and were given a voucher and hire car to go and have lunch at a rather nice local winery.

When we got back we were shown all the ins and outs of the van, signed all the papers, loaded our luggage and were given a bottle of Red wine and a detailed Road Atlas as further compensation for delays. Then discovered problems with both the table mounting mechanism and one of the cupboard doors which was coming off its hinges. Mechanic was called to sort things out but not very successful. By this time I was muttering about other vans parked about the place and then we were asked if an automatic would be OK?
We immediately said yes and soon had everything moved into a newer, smarter, better equipped Merc based camper which was so much better than the first one! Left the depot about 4 hours behind schedule so did not get to the planned first night stop.

So all's well that end's well!


More anon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb