New Zealand so far...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
February 14th 2008
Published: February 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we have been busy busy bees this last little while and it has been quite a change from fiji for sure! We started in Auckland for one night and managed to meet up with Jo's cousin Zoe for drinks at the marina which was really nice. Hopped onto the bus the next day and went to Mount Eden which gave amazing views of the city including the harbour bridge, sky tour and Eden Park NZ rugby boys ground! Then we headed off to Mercury Bay in Whitianga (pronounced Foot-i-anga!)! It was beautiful here and we went to Hot Water Beach and Catherdral Cove where you can dig your own hot springs because of the volcanic activity below the surface makes the water so hot! Me and Jo however decided we would go sea kiaking instead which was knackering but very much worth it! It was just us in a tandem kiak and an instructor and he was very true when he warned us it was a friendship breaking boat!! I started in the back steering with the pedals and was banging into everything! Jo was happy to take charge after we were made coffee on the beach! So we stayed in Whitianga for 2 nights and met two loads of coach people the latter being the better and more game for a laugh! We joined them on the road to Rotorua. Now this place absolutely humms! Because of the geothermal activity is so pronounced here it produces loads of sulphuric acid which stinks of rtten eggs!!! Not nice! But the bubbling mud pools were really cool to see and we went to some natural hot springs and dabbled in a wet zorbing! So much fun and was hieghtened by the fact that me and jo were in the same one and going everywhere!!! We then made our way from Rotorua to Whitamo which is where the most amazing caves were and we managed to do a 5 hour tour through them! This included absailing into the cave which had a narrowing of no more than 1m square to get through! Pretty scary! The glow worms in these caves were unreal!!! We had to do a zip wire through it as well in the pitch black! We put so much trust into these people. Then they made us jump off a ledge into water which we couldnt even see!!! We managed to get out by rock climbing up a waterfall it was in all fairness pretty ard core and i am amazed i didnt freak out because some places were so so small! and you couldnt get out quickly if you wanted to! That completely wiped us out and we were aching like anything the next day! We made our way to Taupo following that early night and tried to sky dive but the weather got the better of us! Luckily we were put on the first plane the next morning which was beautiful and you will be able to see the very unattractive photos and dvd of me doig it the minute i am home!!!! We have just been chilling since and waiting for our bus out to the east of the north island!

I hope your all well and happy miss you all xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb