Day 14 - Friday - in Piahia


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
March 15th 2007
Published: March 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Updated 19 MAR 07

This is our chill out day and yet the first thing we did after breakfast was go in the EXCITOR. This is a tour and viewing boat that could do the big high speed ocean going boat races. It cruises at 40 - 45 knots and just has some awesome power. Unfortunately the seas were calm this day. (Wendy: speak for yourself!) So it was a fast yet sedate ride, very few waves to power through. But a great trip all in all.

We went through the Hole in the Rock, did a 180 degree turn and came out backwards, (see pix). We then went around the whole rock. Our skipper took us into Cathedral cave on the same island. We came out and the fish, caraway, were jump and swarming everywhere. I cried out, My kingdom, My Kingdom for a rod and tackle, but alas it fell on deaf ears.

Those of you who are avid fisherman amongst you would dead set have cried.

Wendy: Len's already talking about a return trip, for fishing - without me! No problem.

We spent the rest of the day windown shopping and
Len & Wendy on the ExcitorLen & Wendy on the ExcitorLen & Wendy on the Excitor

Len & Wendy on the Excitor
then relaxing on the lawn ouside our apartment, Len with Laptop Wendy with book. Both in bliss.

Later we mosied on over to 34 Degrees, a resteraunt built in the shape of an octagon on stilts over the water. And yes more seafood.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb