Windy Wellie!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington Region
January 7th 2009
Published: January 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greetings, a short and sweet (?!) blog this time!

From Picton we jumped on the Interislander ferry and naturally Dan fell asleep while I manically tried to plan a speedy route to take us around the North Island - Nothing like forward planning ey?!! 1am and we docked in Wellington and with bleary eyes tried to find a campsite.......A bit of a shock to find ourselves on a motorway, AND driving in the dark (we're normally in bed at dusk!)

Fortunately we managed to find somewhere and jumped in the back to catch a few z's - thank goodness we don't have to phaff around with a tent!

Dan - Rudely awakened by kids jumping on a nearby trampoline we decided to fall out the car doors (3 & 1/2 weeks living in a car you learn to maneuver pretty well in and out in a semi somersault kind of way!!) making good use of being in a holiday park type place we showered, filled our water and did the washing.

Set off into Wellington to have a snoop around and ended up in a museum which housed the world biggest squid!! see the pic, pretty big son of a gun, (naturally Nic wanted to eat it!!! fortunately it was in a glass case!) and also experienced what it'd be like in an earthquake - they have quite a few warnings here!

We made our way through the wine region stopping for a few tastings etc before rolling up on perhaps the windiest campsite in the world.

Nic - The weather wasn't too bad while we cooked our dinner but just as we were about to climb into bed the storm began and at one point we thought the car would be pushed over. Of course Dan had to go and investigate and play superman with his jacket - he almost did take off it was that strong!

From here we're zooming around the North Island! Back soon.
xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



9th January 2009

Hope it was a good Birthday Dan!!
Hi you two, hope it was a good day for you Dan. Looks like you enjoyed yourself with that massive cake. Mussels look fab Nic, I love them. Enjoy the rest of NZ! love mum xx

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 27; qc: 114; dbt: 0.1647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb