Saturday - You call this a road !


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington Region
October 4th 2008
Published: October 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Once again, come morning, we were headed south. Wellington and the South Island were the goal. Top Ten was booked but we lucked out and got an en suite and kitchen cabin, for the same price as our tight cabin! in a town called Upper Hutt. When I asked what the catch was, Grahame said we'd have to wait and see. Well we discovered that the catch was getting there! In one piece! The GPS told us to follow this road that became a one lane winding, climbing road. To add to our continuing gray hair, it became foggy! I've never heard a car horn sounded so much in my life. Of course, what goes up must come down so when we think that we have no where else to go, we go down. Luckily we met no one as we climbed but not so lucky as we descended. I can't believe that is a valid road! We made it -just—and reveled in our lovely “home”. Joshua found the trampoline and rain or no rain went jumping. He also found a bunny who we had to buy carrots for, of course.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

License to driveLicense to drive
License to drive

We still double take when we see something in the driver's seat that just doesn't compute!


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb