Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington Region
October 15th 2004
Published: October 15th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Oh the stench!!Oh the stench!!Oh the stench!!

This is as close as you can get without him having a good old whinge about it...smelly little poser (the seal not me!!).
I found the scenery from Auckland to Wellington pretty amazing, much of it was used as a backdrop in the Lord of the Rings Movies. Most recognisable was Mt Doom in Mordor (Mt Ruapeu) which is located in the centre of the North Island, on the train there, i had lots of tourists pushing and clammering over my lap at the window waving their cameras in my face at it like their life depended on it. God chill out!!! you muppets, i hate that part of travelling, you feel like a sheep when you pass something that has been in a movie.
Anyway (exhale) it felt great to get out of Auckland and its dull atmosphere. Wellington is a beautiful city known as the windy city like Chicago both deserve their names, although it feels more like a town. Wellington is the cultural capital of Nz and has a certain charm to it and an excellent nightlife i might add :o)
Just outside of the town centre there are some beautiful places togo and enjoy thew scenery. Me and Dan (from Weymouth, top lad who was fond of quoting his moto to me on numerous occasion 'go hard or go home'). We visited the Red Rocks on the south coast home to a group of not-so camera shy seals eager to strike a pose for your photos. They were cute but they really STANK something rotten. Inbetween bringing up my lunch i managed to get close enough to them for a picture, but once you get to within a metre they open their sizable mouths and growl at you whilst purposely flashing their pretty hefty set of knashers, Either that or he was asking me to come closer so he could chew off my arms, My Seal isnt what it used to be and besides they are sufficiently equiped to tear off your arm if they feel the need to...so coupled with that thought and that smell i wisely backed off and kept some distance and my arms.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Someone get these Seals  a Mirror!!. Someone get these Seals  a Mirror!!.
Someone get these Seals a Mirror!!.

This is not a natural stance. As soon as i whipped out my camera he got off his arse like a shot, pouting!.
Mt Ruapeu (Mordor)Mt Ruapeu (Mordor)
Mt Ruapeu (Mordor)

Managed to get a shot off during the tourist stampede.
Halloween Halloween
Halloween

I am the Pumpkin face one in the wig and a dress, dont ask.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb