Palmerston North


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wanganui » Wanganui
April 14th 2006
Published: May 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Heading up the Number 2 we didn't really have much of a clue what was on the North Island so as I drove Garreth, Orial and Carol Anne read the guide books. This turned into quite a neat operation as they would always find us the places to go while I was driving. It also meant that I didn’t have to think much.
Our first Stop was the site where they filmed some of the Lord of the Rings. It was a nice pretty walk but you would never know that they filmed there. We soon discovered that there was nothing in the guide books for this area so we kept driving until we hit Palmerston North. We got there in the evening and everything was closed. We checked into a lovely hostel. We got a room for just the four of us which was nice compared with how the last few days have been. It would have been a lovely place if it wasn't for the bitch that was running it. She was evil. In the morning we made sure we checked out of our rooms by 10am then usually you can carry on using the facilities for that day while you wait for your transport or whatever. We told her we were just going to have breakfast and we would leave and her answer was 'as long as you're quick. I don't want you taking up space if you haven't paid for it.'


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb