Waitomo and Maketu


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Waitomo Caves
January 13th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After Raglan headed out to Waitomo, and did a spot of caving, deep underground being the best place to hide with sunburn. Did some abseiling underground in water falls and spent alot of time getting pushed in water by our "guides".

The night was in Maketu where the coach stayed with a Mauri family. They give you food and stuff and then put on a show. I was sat right in the middle and got eyeballed by this 8 year old kid during the Haka. I laughed until his massive 22 year old brother pushed up next to him, the eyes they pulled scared the crap out of me.
Then the girls all got taught to do some poi stuff, yawn! We got to learn the Haka! Only 4 men though out of the 30 on the coach. was wicked fun, although have hefty bruises on my legs and not alot of voice left from shouting. we even had sticks. Most of the girls were laughing, but I could see they were impressed really, in fact im pretty sure i heard one say "whos that one with the hole in his chest". gigidy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



14th January 2008

Some things never change
Comment about the guitar in the last post, brilliant. Are you sure it wasn't us out there? Girls learning poi? Bet you doing those tricks in your sleep. I like the picture of the Maketu crew. I can't see you, but i can see Gilly from Hollyoaks wearing your t-shirt in the back row.
15th January 2008

Ha, yeah he was there, kept saying stupid stuff, he's so much like his charactor in real life.

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb