Huka Falls


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
March 27th 2016
Published: March 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Fried bacon and eggs had the kids cheering at breakfast. Then we set off to Lake Taupo a giant caldera lake.
A quick supermarket top up and we pitched the motorhome at our new site for the next two nights. Ed and Hat were very pleased as the site had go karts for hire, a big pool and loads of other kids. It seems that Kiwis also like to head away for a long Easter weekend.
A river walk to Hula Falls was highly recommended and we quite soon saw why it deserved its reputation. Clear blue waters and a gravel path that traced great view points both down close to the waters edge and right up high. There were strong currents signs everywhere, so we kept our swimming stuff in the day sack. The sun hat his hat on and it was a lovely warm day and the water looked so cool and inviting.. It took about 90mins to reach Huka Falls, a smooth canyon along which foaming ice blue waters pirouetted before dropping over the falls themselves.
By the time we got back our legs were aching nicely and 2 litres of cold pressed Apple juice was a fantastic thirst quencher.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.306s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb