Update


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
May 14th 2006
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Milford SoundMilford SoundMilford Sound

Mitre Peak
Dear All,
As my last entry was more of an experiment, I'm going to expand on what I've been doing the last couple of weeks.

We've been driving all sort of mountain roads in the South Island and have been to Milford Sound where we went on a boat trip. Its like lots of penisulas coming out into the sea with waterfalls falling into the protected waters everywhere and were formed from ice thousands of years ago.

We then went to Wanaka, where we met up with Andy and Chris, good to see familiar faces. Wanaka was very beautiful and I did a walk along waterfall creek. We stopped off at a beach to make dinner before we went to the glaciers. Where we watched the sun set and skimmed stones and to our surprise saw a pod of dolphins, which must of heard our stones. Was very magical moment.

Next we went to Franz Josef, Fox glacier and Reflection lake. Very spectacular ice climbing and was very good fun and made some good friends. Also heard about the tsunami which didn't actually effect NZ.

Then we went to the Abel Tasman national park where we went
Milford SoundMilford SoundMilford Sound

Waterfall
kayaking and then caught our ferry to the North Island.

We decided we didn't want pay for all of us on the ferry so hid Zoe under the bed, with some food and a good book. But not to Zoe's amusment, the vans floor was locked away so we couldnt' get Zoe out and she ended up under there for 5 hours, while Claire and I watched a disney marathon on the ferry!

All in all one of the best few weeks so far! We're now in Lake Taupo and Claire and Zoe are waiting to do their sky dive!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lake WanakaLake Wanaka
Lake Wanaka

Walking along waterfall creek.
Franz JosefFranz Josef
Franz Josef

The view climbing back down
Pancake RocksPancake Rocks
Pancake Rocks

Lots of blow holes and good views
ZoeZoe
Zoe

Zoe saving us lots of money on the ferry!


15th May 2006

Wow
Sounds and looks incredible...saw all Claire's pictures on photobucket too and you all look incredibly happy. I can't believe Zo spent all that time in that tiny space...I would have been freakin out! Take care munchkins, looooooooove xxxxxx

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb