Day 38


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
December 8th 2010
Published: December 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a bit of a lay-in we packed up the car ready for our 10 day trip to Taupo and Rotorua. Chris is due to race in both places in the next week. We pack up the bikes so that I can at least do a bit on the bike while Chris is racing.
We decide to have Lunch with Mark and Tigger, whilst we are eating we find out that it is a good idea to get our ferry tickets booked for our Janruary trip. We found all of the information on line and got it booked.
Once this is all done, I “bum rush” Chris into the car and we make a move on our little road trip.
Our first stop is The Bike Shop in New Plymouth for Chris to collect his newly fixed wheel.
We are finally on the road making our way to Taupo. We make our main stop in Mokau for a quick snack and the loo. After these refreshments we then drove all of the 200k all of the way to Taupo, and to the Bach that belongs to Warrick and Penelope Osborne, Friends of Chris’s family.
We arrived there at 6pm to a very warm welcome. Chris was due to do a bike and a run for his training, so unpacked the car and put his bike together and headed out.
I decided to have an explore of the town so went out for a walk. As it happened we both arrived back to the bach at the same time. Chris was rushing around trying to find his camera as there was a wonderful sunset over the lake.
Penelope cooked us a meat loaf for tea with fresh veg from their garden at home.
Then time for bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb