Rotorua - Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bit of a lie in today not leaving until 9am! We were picked up by the magic bus with a different driver who was a real arse!! We set off for the government gardens to see a statue and because as he was telling the story someone laughed he stopped and refused to continue. Not a good start to the day!! We carried on to the Wai-o-tapu geothermal park to see the Lady Knox Geyser and the bubbling mud pools the smell of sulphur was very overpowering. As usual for us it rained half way around and we got soaked!! The artist palette, champagne pools and the devils bath were really colourful and smelly. We got back on the bus with the crazy driver and after the weirdest sales pitch we have ever heard (basically go to the bar because people get naked and its really good to watch ummmmmmmm) we arrived a Rock n Ropes where we climbed to the top of a telegraph poll and jumped off followed by a giant swing!! We headed next to the Huka falls where we decided we had not had enough jumping off things and signed up for a 15000ft (4500mtr) sky dive. It was amazing the freefall went on forever (well 60 seconds) the parachuting down was just as much fun as we were both given the controls and sent ourselves into a spin. After some well deserved food we headed for the bar for quiz night but had to leave early as we were walking the Tongariro Alpine crossing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb