Alreet Geyser!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
December 14th 2007
Published: December 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the way to Taupo, we stopped off at the Te Waiko tapa ( will have to check this again with guide book ) Thermal wonderland to watch the Lady Knoz Geyser blow. We could not understand how they could time this exactly at 10:15am every morning, until we got there and found its with the added help of some soap powder ( doh!)


We then spent two hours wondering round one of NZ' most active thermal areas, with bubbling and hissing mudpools and unusualy coloured lakes. ( something that would not look out of place in a Barrs Bottle). There was also a river of Silica, which looked really cool, like fast flowing rapids, where someone had just hit the pause button - I dont think the piccies will do this any justice. The place once again reeked of rotten eggs, and it really did think you were walking on another planet at points.

We reached Taupo in the afternoon, and booked into a nice camp with a swimming pool, after a long dip we rewarded ourselves with a fish supper - what no chippy sauce!!!

Napier Tomorrow x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



16th December 2007

loving the blog
hi guys, hope you are enjoying your tour. since there is nothing to do each night in new zealand we have to find our own entertainment. currently we have Neil sitting by the fire each night reading out your blog to the whole villiage. much like C3P0 in star wars. keep up the good work. love Richard xxxx
16th December 2007

Speaking of Entertainment
Speaking of entertainment, hows the van and it's suspension? "I aint getting in no plane".

Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb