Skydiving Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
November 26th 2007
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

YippeeYippeeYippee

freefalling from 1500ft over lake taupo. Awesome
Woke up this morning to glorious sunshine adn a wicked day. got picked up a taken to the river Waikato where we went jet boating all the way up and down and to the Huka falls, it was awesome. The boat driver throws the boat about and nearly hits the canyon walls, trees, ducks, swans etc and does 360's and other cool stuff. we got really wet tee hee, scream if you want to go faster, i nearly lost my voice. what a lot of fun.

Then because the weather and conditions are so perfect, we went to do a tandom skydive from 1500ft, freefalling for over 60 seconds and I landed neatly on my feet. It was bloody amazing with the most spectacular views over lake Taupo and the volcano you can imagine. What a rush. it was incredible. Very strange feeling falling - kind of scary but too surreal to feel fear. just like watching a movie. then the parachute kicks in and the views unfold before you. its cool as.

It turned out to be a HOT hot day so we mostly chilled out for the rest of it, don't think i can cope with anymore adrenalin today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019kb